Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Shake Taste #5: Chick-fil-A Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake


This is possibly the shake that started the blog. It doesn't help that I drive by the Sugar House Chick-fil-A pretty much every weekday and see the shake advertisement taunting me. The shake taste shake is actually the second seasonal shake I have consumed, but I didn't have photos of the first, so I was forced to go back and consume another.

Chick-fil-A has "hand-spun" shakes. I assume this means that they use a shake mixer because their "icedream" (has whole mike but also corn syrup) that is used as the foundation of the shake comes out of a soft-serve machine. This particular shake was the only thing I ordered and maybe the guy was making it by hand because it took forever for the shake to arrive. It was worth the wait.

I ordered a small, even though I knew that I would be able to finish a larger size. This is mainly due to the fact that these shakes have a gazillion calories in them. (A small chocolate shake has 550 calories. Nutritional information not available for the holiday shake.) However, it does have 40% of your daily recommended calcium, so possibly a fair trade off. This shake is delicious. It made up for the terrible Arby's shake in so many ways. First of all, the shake is thick. It actually tastes like peppermint and the chocolate chips are a nice added bonus. At times the thickness made it difficult to consume the shake with the straw. Luckily stirring in the massive amount of whipped cream from the top of the shake helped with this. 

Shake color: pink 
Shake consistency: thick with bits of chocolate chip

Final Impression: Totally tasty shake. Despite my misgivings about the company's charitable donations, this shake is a great holiday shake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment