Saturday, December 8, 2012

Holiday Shake Taste #1: McDonald's Holiday Mint McFlurry

I knew this first shake-esque holiday frozen treat would not be the highlight of the season for me, but I had just run two dogs back to back day and passed right by McDonald's on my way home. I figured it was as good of a time as any to start tasting.

Description from McDonald's website:

Swirls of reduced fat soft serve vanilla ice cream blended with peppermint candy pieces and our signature mint syrup make this the perfect holiday treat. 


I opted for the snack size (6.9 oz) and didn't regret my decision. This size has 380 calories and is made with reduced fat ice cream that contains an awful lot of ingredients. The peppermint candy pieces looked like red and green sprinkles but were hard and crunchy. Apparently the McFlurry comes with a weird spoon/straw utensil to consume it with. The open dome top on my cup seemed a little unnecessary since my holiday treat was not even up to the rim of the cup.

Shake color: white
Shake consistency: thin but smooth with hard chunks 

Final Impression: Overall my Holiday Shake Taste #1 was ok. This will most likely be my first and only McFlurry.



No comments:

Post a Comment