Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Shake Taste #4: Arby's Peppermint Stick Swirl Shake

The last time I was at Arby's was when I was doing some rail line fieldwork for NCDOT and, as was usually the case, by 2pm we were all starving and Arby's was pretty much it. I don't remember too much about that dining experience except that I am pretty sure that Paul got the five items for $5 deal. And so I entered this shake taste stop with trepidation.

I knew I was in trouble when I ordered a small shake and the girl asked me, "do you want it to look like the picture?" Not quite understanding I replied that yes I did want a peppermint shake. She then told me that if I wanted it to look like the picture I had to order a large. I decided that there was no way I was ordering a large shake from Arby's so I declined to upsize. Maybe a mistake, but probably not.

When I saw that the girl at the shake machine had to remove a metal container that was being used to catch leaking shake to dispense my shake, my enjoyment potential sank even lower. My first shake taste made me glad that a) I had ordered a small and b) it only set me back $1.79. The shake is a mix and not real ice cream. It was watery and not that cold. Even more disappointing is that it did not really even taste like peppermint. I did not finish this shake. It was not good. The "picture" shake would have contained 690 calories; I assume since I got a smaller size and did not consume the entire thing, that my caloric intake was less.

Shake color: pale pink
Shake consistency: thin and watery

Final Impression: Possibly the worse shake ever. It was totally runny and it didn't taste like peppermint. It was so bad that I didn't even drink all of it. If someone offered me another shake, even if it did look like the picture, I would say no thank you. Or possibly HELL NO!


No comments:

Post a Comment